Jetpack for WordPress
Jetpack supercharges your 2020Media hosted WordPress site with the awesome cloud power of WordPress.com
2020Media provides customised installs for WordPress for your hosting account. Now we'll pre-install WordPress JetPack too, absolutely free.
What is JetPack?
Jetpack is a plugin that adds some useful features to your WordPress site. It also connects to WordPress.com and enables a number of WordPress.com-only features. After you install Jetpack, connect it to WordPress.com with a WordPress.com account. If you don’t have one already you can create one very easily during the connection process.
List of JetPack Features
What features does it have?
- Beautiful Math: Mark up your posts with the LaTeX markup language, perfect for complex mathematical equations and other über-geekery.
- Carousel: Transform your standard image galleries into an immersive full-screen experience.
- Comments: Give your readers the ability to comment using their WordPress.com, Twitter, or Facebook accounts.
- Contact Form: Insert a contact form anywhere on your site.
- Custom CSS: Customize your site’s look without modifying your theme.
- Enhanced Distribution: Share your public posts and comments to search engines and other services in real-time.
- Extra Sidebar Widgets: Add images, Twitter streams, and your site’s RSS links to your sidebar.
- Featured Content: The Featured Content module allows you to display specific posts in a highlighted area on your site’s home page, letting your draw attention to your most important content.
- Gravatar Hovercards: Show a pop-up business card of your users’ Gravatar profiles in comments.
- Infinite Scroll: Learn how to add infinite scroll support to your theme.
- JSON API: Allow applications to securely access your content through the cloud.
- Likes: Likes are a way for people to show their appreciation for content you have written. It’s also a way for you to show the world how popular your content has become.
- Markdown: Gives you the option of writing posts or pages in plain-text Markdown syntax.
- Mobile Push Notifications: Get notified of new comments on your Apple device.
- Mobile Theme: Optimize your site for mobile devices.
- Monitor: Jetpack will notify you if your site goes offline and when it is accessible again.
- Omnisearch: Search once, get results from everything! Omnisearch is a single search box that lets you search many different things.
- Photon: Accelerate your site by loading images from the WordPress.com CDN.
- Post by Email: Post by Email is a way of publishing posts on your blog by email. Any email client can be used to send the email, allowing you to publish quickly and easily from devices such as cell phones.
- Publicize: Publicize makes it easy to share your site’s posts on several social media networks automatically when you publish a new post.
- Social Links: this module is a canonical source, based on Publicize, that themes can use to let users specify where social icons should link to.
- Sharing: Share your content on Facebook, Twitter, and more with a few simple clicks.
- Shortcode Embeds: Embed content from YouTube, Vimeo, SlideShare, and more into your site, no coding necessary.
- WP.me Shortlinks: Enable WP.me-powered shortlinks for all of your Posts and Pages for easier sharing.
- Spelling and Grammar: Improve your spelling, style, and grammar with the After the Deadline proofreading service.
- WordPress.com Stats: Monitor your stats with clear, concise reports and no additional load on your server.
- Subscriptions: Allow users to subscribe to your posts and comments to receive notifications via email.
- Tiled Galleries: Display your image galleries in three new styles: a rectangular mosaic, a square mosaic, and a circular grid.
- Toolbar Notifications – Get notified of activity on your site, right from the toolbar.
Some of these features use the WordPress.com cloud, others are popular features provided for the convenience of not having to install and manage several separate plugin installations. You can be assured the plugins will always be kept up to date.
How do I get JetPack?
2020Media will install JetPack for you on your WordPress Hosting Plan, free of charge. All you need to do is ask!